Your privacy is important to The Alexandra Women’s Institute (The Alexandra WI). This Privacy Statement provides basic information about the kind of personal information we collect and how we use it.
If you have any questions about the information we hold about you, please email us, or, if you are a member, speak to a Committee office bearer.
If you’re one of our members, we hold name and contact details for you, which you provided to us when you joined, using the standard NFWI form. Once collected by us, this information is transferred to the Membership Communication System (MCS), which is managed by the National Federation of Women’s Institutes (NFWI). How the NFWI manages personal data is contained in the following document:
The Middlesex Federation of Women’s Institutes also has access to the MCS.
3. Our mailing list
In addition to the data held by the NFWI as described above, we maintain our own mailing list to enable us to communicate via email to our members.
We invite guests who have attended at least one meeting, sub-group or other event to provide an email address in order to be added to our mailing list.
All emails sent using MailChimp include an ‘unsubscribe’ option to enable you to unsubscribe at any time.
4. How we store your information
We use the following third party providers in the running of our WI as follows:
- MCS is used as described in the NFWI Privacy Notice referenced above. Access to the MCS is limited to the following: Committee Office bearers, MCS Manager.
- Google Drive (also known as Backup and Sync from Google) is used to store all digital information related to The Alexandra WI. This includes but is not limited to a copy of the member information stored on the MCS and photographs of members. Access to Google Drive is limited to the following: Committee Office bearers, Minute Secretary.
- Gmail is used for general email, and on the occasion we need to send an email to individual members. Gmail is used to communicate with other members of our WI community including guest speakers and charities we support.
- MailChimp is used to send out bulk emails (including monthly newsletters). When you provide us with your email address and consent to having your name added to our mailing list, we add your email address to MailChimp.
- WordPress is used to host our website. We upload photographs of our meetings and events to WordPress.
- Facebook is used to share information about our WI. We upload photographs of our meetings and events to Facebook.
- Twitter is used to share information and images about our WI. We upload photographs of our meetings and events to Twitter.
The information which is held by The Alexandra WI is not shared this information with any third party aside from those listed above, and is used only to allow us to communicate with you as described above.